Thursday, July 26, 2012

Almost August Already??

Ok, so I admit, I've done little to nothing this summer to get ready for the new school year.  I see all these other teachers on blogs and Pinterest that have been teaching beasts this summer, and I've dropped the ball.  I'm starting in a new district, and going back to my middle school roots, but I've not done much to prepare...yet, anyway.  New Teacher Orientation was held this week, so I did start thinking about my classroom for that....but then I had a wisdom tooth pulled and I've reverted back to master couch potato.

So here's the big question:  Is it wrong for a teacher to ignore school for a while during summer??   I keep hearing teachers say, "I work all summer getting ready for school!"  Well, I didn't.  Does that make me less of a teacher?

I'm going to get back on track....I promise.  And soon.  Definitely tomorrow....or the next day...wait, that's Saturday...Ok, most certainly by Monday.  I promise.  :/
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I am following your blog; I have been looking for other special education teachers' blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll go check out your blog and become a follower as well!! :)

      Delete
  2. It does NOT make you less of a teacher. It probably makes you more sane!

    ReplyDelete