Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive

If I only remember ONE thing about elementary school, it would be my Music teacher, Mrs. Scurry.  She made sure we sang correctly, and didn't let our lazy southern speech get in the way.  I have never really thought of her as being a big influence in my life, but she really did make an impression on me.  To this day, I know that I will think of Mrs. Scurry when I sing "Silent Night" and I always make sure I pronounce the Ts, just like she taught me. She always wore black Reebok tennis shoes and made you sit on the edge of your seat, with a straight back, and sing from your diaphragm.  Something today made me think of the old Johnny Mercer song we always sang in her class, "Ac-Cent-Tchu- Ate The Positive", and I thought that was PERFECT for a classroom.  SO, I turned it into a printable for my classroom and decided the best thing to do would be to share my printable AND my story!  I hope you'll download it (just click on the picture to pull it up in Google Docs) and bring in a little Johnny Mercer and Mrs. Scurry into your classroom!  Now, I would LOVE to hear about a teacher that you've never thought inspired you, but actually did!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment