Sunday, November 20, 2011

Teaching during the holidays...

Tomorrow begins the first day of the first week of teaching during the 2011 holiday season.  13 weeks ago, I thought this day would never come, but instead it has slipped up on me once again.  We're three-eighths of the way through the school year, and I know I have yet to see and hear some of the craziest things kids can do and say.  Teaching during the holidays is always stressful:  You still have to plan your lessons, attend professional developments, complete the never ending mountains of paperwork, meet with parents, as well as balance all the holiday get togethers with family and friends, decorating, and shopping.  So, as things in my world begin to get even more stressful, I want to embrace the Thanksgiving spirit and reflect on a few things I am thankful for in my classroom. I have an amazing assistant who helps keep me going when I think things can't get any crazier (cause usually that's about the time a stapler or book flies through the air in a fit of rage...).  I also have great kids who say the craziest things and make me smile, even when I don't want to.  So, Here's To being surrounded by great people at work when the holidays begin.  Well, those 3 days off at Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at Christmas help as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment